Why Choose French & Thorley?
- Family-run business with more than 50 years combined experience
- Your project is given exclusive attention from start to finish
- Grant French and Robert Thorley personally supervise all aspects of your project
- We take great pride in the exceptional quality of our work and integrity
- A trustworthy, reliable team with a 100% record of delighted clients
- Free initial advice and consultation
- Free preliminary architect’s feasibility drawings
- All work is GUARANTEED and carried out to the most exacting professional standards
- We are members of the Federation of Master Builders (see below)
- All French & Thorley staff and trusted trade colleagues are qualified to City & Guilds Advanced Certificate standards
Federation of Master Builders
As the building industry’s largest trade organisation, representing over 13,000 small and medium-sized companies throughout the UK, the FMB promotes standards of excellence and helps its members to continually improve levels of business performance and customer service. Members are carefully vetted before they are allowed to join, and are required to adhere to a strict Code of Practice. In March 2003, the Which? Consumer survey commended the FMB for ‘setting high standards for joining’. Only those builders and specialists who can prove their skills and good business standing are accepted as members. Membership criteria and checks include:
- A minimum of 12 months trading
- 6 references including one from a ‘professional’ or Local Authority Building Control.
- Local FMB Branch approval
- Public and employer liability insurance
- No un-discharged bankruptcies or relevant outstanding County Court Judgments against company or directors
- VAT registration (where appropriate)
- Confirmation of business address/details
- Credit checks, public record and director checks
To remain in membership, FMB builders must adhere to their Code of Practice.